Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Matthew's thoughts

Well last night Matt and I were talking. He expressed how he would love to have my father's guitars, well i explained to him that my brother has one of them, but i don't talk to my brother. I said that my brother "hates" me. Matt replied with, "Mommy, do you think your brother really hates you on the inside? Or do you think its just on the outside?" I asked him what he meant. He replied, "Well see, i hate my dad on the outside because he hurts me so much, but what my heart feels its not hate at all, i love him so much, but sometimes my outside feelings say that i hate him because of what he does, but i know inside me, inside my heart that i would do anything for him because he is my dad and i love him. Mommy, I don't think your brother's hate is on the inside, i think its just on the outside and he doesn't know how to get past his outside feelings, one day he will know how, but you just have to be patient."

These are the inner most deepest thoughts of my 8 year old son. He has so much feeling and so much heart and knows how to express them. It takes most adults a lifetime to figure this out and my young boy did it naturally.

Sometimes i think he knows and understands more than he should. This just shows that an 8 year old is not just a kid, he is a person and has a heart that breaks just like an adult and understands what life is really about.

I find the strength in life in my son. He makes me realize there is more than what is seen by the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment